Looking for a movie recommendation to help get the wheels spinning in your brain about spirituality and grounding yourself in context of God and your higher power? Here are our top 5 of the top hits, all available to be streamed today.
Have other suggestions? Please - reach out to Skylight on social media and tell us about your favorite "spiritual" movies.
1. The Tree of Life" (2011) - Directed by Terrence Malick, this film explores the relationship between nature, spirituality, and the meaning of life. It follows the journey of a family in Texas in the 1950s, as they grapple with loss and the search for meaning.
2. Eat Pray Love" (2010) - Based on the bestselling memoir by Elizabeth Gilbert, this film follows the author's journey of self-discovery as she travels to Italy, India, and Bali in search of spiritual enlightenment and personal fulfillment.
3. The Peaceful Warrior" (2006) - Based on the bestselling book "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Millman, this film follows a young gymnast who meets a mysterious mentor who teaches him about the power of mindfulness, inner peace, and personal growth.
4. "Waking Life" (2001) - Directed by Richard Linklater, this animated film explores the nature of dreams, consciousness, and the human experience. It features a series of philosophical conversations that delve into themes of spirituality and personal growth.
5. "Samsara" (2011) - This documentary film by director Ron Fricke explores the cyclical nature of life and death, as well as the interconnectedness of all things. Through stunning visuals and evocative music, it encourages viewers to reflect on their place in the world and the nature of existence.
Do none of these fit the bill for what you are looking for our sound intriguing to you? Well you're in luck: Sade has put together a simple meditation for us today. This short meditation will calm the heart, calm worry, and help remind you of the things that matter most in this life.